Our associates, while observing & coaching at leading Japanese, Korean, US/German & Indian auto-car makers, observed Japanese & Korean had highest percentage of women buyers, followed by US/German & abysmally low for Indian car manufacturer brands.
To validate our research & findings, we also cross checked our data from RTO (regional transport authority office) at 4 metros & 8 tier-2 cities about women owners registering cars in their name, the data correlated & validated our findings. Due to legal & confidentiality reasons we cannot reveal the data source.
Japanese & Korean auto dealers had higher percentage of women in sales & service advisor compared to other brands. Indian brands had least representation of women at floor level either in sales or as service advisor.
The features & performance parameters are also comparable/perhaps same, so why there is huge difference in ownership?
The answer lies in the way benefits are explained to;
- Single woman buyer
- Married woman buyer coming alone
- Women, married/single coming along with family
- Power & torque of engine is understood & need to be explained differently.
- Turning radius
- Ground clearance
- Split/Double foldable rear seat
- Boot space
- AX-Automatic transmission
- Rear view/reverse parking assist
- Adjustable seat
- AC/Climate control
- Post sales, service advisor interraction
- & many other features
More in next Blog