- First step: Decide, which country you are targeting to have as your audience, you can target multiple countries as well.
- Second step: While searching for similar products on search engines, write that country or language name after the title/product in search bar. This will give you idea of how other sellers are selling in your country. Search engine usually, by default give home country results as first option.
- Third step: Manually select/change settings in search engine, example Google/Yahoo/Bing-USA/France...etc. This will show you results in that country as first preference
- Fourth step: Go to eBay country specific site and view what & how the product is being sold over there
- Fifth step: Go to Amazon & country specific marketplaces ex Baidoo/Alibaba etc
- Sixth step: in case you have a team or you are having physical retail outlet, where international buyers visit. Do a team building activity & allocate group task, as to what questions are being asked by walk-ins from that country? What they ask & want? Now you have international, world class description ready....Hold on, still do not upload.
- Seventh step: Go to Google translator & wikipedia. See how how Google translates & also see meaning of individual words in Wikipedia. This will help you avoid unintended meaning (English translation in foreign language).
- Eighth Step: Relax, think, re-check, upload next day
- Ninth Step: Visit http://www.terapeak.com/ & revise description after a week, do remember to track analytic (track visitors)
Disclaimer: We (husband-wife team) have helped, online sellers become leader in following categories only;
1) Books, Media, Publishing
2) Apparels Men & women
3) Women’s & Men's Accessories/Jewelry
4) IT-Periherals, Consumer Electronics, Telecom-Mobile & Accessories
5) Home Décor, Antique, Replicas, Paintings, Sculptures, Figurines