Recent News item "Tech brands lock horns with e-com firms over 'predatory' pricing, Lenovo issues advisory to buyers, says Flipkart, Snapdeal not authorised resellers"
- eCommerce & physical retail was supposed to compliment each other, how this has happened?
- Is predatory pricing correct?
- Does it grow the market or suffocate competition?
- Is it good for industry & overall economy?
- Who is the beneficiary? Does customer really benefit?
- Who is the looser?
- eCommerce is all about fair exchange of anything, wherein all involved stakeholders are benefitted?
- The manufacturer (brand), Customer, Online retailer, physical retailer need to benefit
- Manufacturer (brand) want recognition, establish themselves & reach out to more buyers in a short time
- Customer (all across the country) want to know what is happening & experience owning the product
- Online retailer exists to fill the gaps of creating awareness, product availability & earn respectable margin; recover the investment & intellectual cost
- The current mode to gain market share by subsidising operations & sacrificing respectable margin (surplus) as adopted by #Flipkart, #Amazon #indiatimes #Homeshop18 & others is not a healthy trend...where is the mistake?
- Are manufacturers correct in dumping their stocks with distributor & squeezing their cash flow?, Where does the poor guy go?
- As a eCommerce Trainer & evangelist; advocate self governance, self regulation by these eCommerce portals
- eCommerce is all bout experience & delighting the buyer & winning. All stakeholders need to gain
Happy eCommercing !!