There are lot of similarities in psychology of shopping at physical retail store & online eCommerce store. I ventured in eCommerce because I felt this is best for empowering women, to empower my spouse achieve her dreams.My Best Learning from my spouse
- Importance of having brand & meaningful logo from Day 1
- Design strategy for operations, marketing, selling profit making & expansion
- Importance of networking & vendor relations
- Importance of high quality image, image is like unspoken sales professional.
- Innovative photography, using nature's elements
- Engaging & emotional, Call to Action Description.
- Basics of HTML coding
- Use of customised cross selling galleries, Auctiva, Inkfro & many others
- How to implement & embed 3rd party applications (aps)
- Importance of creating About Us & My World page
- Clearly describing essential attributes, thinking before writing, as to what customer is looking for. Why should the person buy this? How it can solve problem?
- Paying attention to quality, via visual inspection
- Configuring, "Ask Seller A Question"
- Creating FAQ-frequently asked questions. Using images to answer in advance
- Automate basic tasks, example, email & SMS for order, payment received, item dispatch docket no
- Importance of building excitement by using best offer bargain & Auction option
- Giving multiple shipping options for international orders; standard, Economy, Expedited
- Proactively work to resolve & remove negative feedback rating
- How to feature in home promotions at marketplaces
Happy Selling :)