10 Tips How to take good ebay ecommerce photographs, so that your product sells
- Imagine how do you see, touch & feel when you physically see the actual product.
- At least 4 photographs are recommended, 2 for full front & rear view, 2 close up with macro setting.
- For large objects, handicraft, art figurines, we recommend min 8 photographs to capture all aspects.
- Daylight is the best, economical in fact free souarce of good light.
- For small to medium objects, you can also make your own light house enclosure with thermocoal , black paper & white light (3/4 CFL of 10-15 watt each) with round reflector.
- In case the product is large, say apparel (Shirt/Jeans/Kurti) etc, we would require higher watt 2/3 CFL of 40/60 watt and walls of room should be white. There is of course no substitute for professional photographic lights. Good quality cost apprx 40-45K each, min 2 lights are required
- Automatic camera with macro & super macro setting are recommended for beginners, My personal favourite is Olympus compared to all other brands. For advanced NIKON SLR is good, for expert Canon is recommended.
- Do invest in good wall paper designs (to give background effect) and other objects, say coloured pebbles, dried leaves, flowers, fresh green leaves, white & self designed shell (Shankh) & other objects as found in nature.
- Have patience, practice & familarise yourself with camera settings, you can easily master mobile, why not camera ?
- MS paintbrush & Nero has many auto features to correct image & use crop tool, otherwise learning basics of photoshop is good
Keep a watch for more details, photographic correction via photoshop